Monday, October 22, 2012

Quinoa Pizza Bites

What does everyone think of Quinoa? I'm a new user and so far, I love it. I used this blog post to educate myself on the new grain in my life: Quinoa Users Guide!

My personal favorite food is and always will be pizza. I love trying new recipes that provide a healthy spin on my favorite meal. I adapted this recipe from the blog, So Very Blessed.


Ingrediants:

  •  2 cups cooked quinoa
  • 1 large eggs
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • minced garlic
  • basil
  • seasoning salt
  • oregano
  • 1 cup chopped mushrooms
  • 1/2 cup black olives
  • 1/2banana peppers
  • pizza sauce for dipping
What are your favorite toppings???
Choose whatever pizza toppings that you love! I enjoy veggies on my pizza but feel free to add meas, onion, peppers, and much more!Explore your topping options to the fullest.
            
Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.  Mix together all ingredients, except pizza sauce.
3.  Distribute mixture into a greased muffin tin
4.  Bake for 15-20 minutes.




The recipe orginally calls for a mini muffin tin, I used the standard muffin tin and they worked. When serving children the smaller tin pan would be more efficiant.



dinner is served with a side of fresh tomato sauce




No comments:

Post a Comment